Foreign vs local brands!
The reveal of the Nova 2 Lite would mean a lot of competition for its specs, and one of its potential competitors is Cloudfone’s Next Infinity Pro, which has the same internals but has a different set of features. Which is better between the two? Let’s do the comparison starting with the spec sheet:
Nova 2 lite specs
- 1.4 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 octa-core processor
- 3GB of RAM
- 5.99-inch Full HD display, 18:9 display aspect ratio
- 32GB of storage, expandable via dedicated microSD
- 13-Megapixel and 2-Megapixel rear cameras with PDAF and LED Flash
- 8-Megapixel front cameras with Selfie Toning Flash
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, Fingerprint scanner, Face Unlock
- 3,000mAh battery
- Android Oreo with EMUI 8.0
Next Infinity Pro Specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor
- 3GB RAM
- 5.7-inch HD+ 18:9 display with 2.5D curved glass
- 32GB of expandable storage
- 4G, LTE
- Dual SIM
- 16-megapixel rear camera with PDAF, LED flash, and Portrait mode
- 20-megapixel and 8-megapixel front cameras with LED flash, wide angle, and portrait mode
- WiFi, Bluetooth, fingerprint scanner
- 3000mAh battery with Quick charging
- Android 7.1.2 Nougat
Internals: The same basically
Both the Next Infinity Pro and Nova 2 Lite sport a Snapdragon 430 processor, 3GB RAM, and 32GB internal storage, which is considered as decent specs for a budget mid-range device.
Display: Full HD+ any day
When it comes to this department, the Nova 2 Lite has a clear advantage over the Next Infinity Pro as it has a bigger display that comes with Full HD+ resolution.
Camera: Depends on what you need
Both have a dual camera setup, but configured differently: The Nova 2 Lite has a 13-megapixel and 2-megapixel rear camera, and 8-megapixel front camera, while the Next Infinity Pro has a 16-megapixel rear camera, and 20-megapixel and 8-megapixel front camera. While it is easy to judge the camera specs by the number of megapixels, we will have to do our usual tests before we can determine which has the better camera setup.
Battery: Same ground
Not that much can be compared in this department, as both the Nova 2 Lite and Next Infinity Pro sport a 3000mAh battery. Pair that with a power-efficient Snapdragon 430 processor, and both are expected to deliver excellent battery lives.
Extras: Android Oreo FTW
The Nova 2 Lite has a few advantages over the Next Infinity Pro, and that includes Android Oreo and a face unlock feature. We do hope that Cloudfone does update the Next Infinity Pro to Android Oreo in the future, and add extra features to the mix as well.
Verdict: It really depends on your needs
While both have the same set of internals, the Nova 2 Lite has a few advantages especially when it comes to its display. The Next Infinity Pro, on the other hand, has its advantages when it comes to its cameras, especially its front camera setup. It all boils down to pricing: While the Next Infinity Pro is priced at Php 9,999, we hope that the Nova 2 Lite will be priced competitively against it.