Photographer and filmmaker Max Yuryev just tested and compared the new Sony a7 III low-light against the Sony a7R III, Sony a6500, and Panasonic GH5 mirrorless cameras.
The a7 III (Amazon | B&H | Adorama) comes with a 24MP back-illuminated full-frame sensor, a 693-point AF system, 4K video with advanced features. It has 5-axis stabilization, ISO 204800, 10fps shooting, dual SD slots, weather-sealing, and a 3-inch tilting touchscreen.
Sony A7 III Key Features
- Newly Developed Full-frame 24.2MP Back-Illuminated Exmor R™ CMOS Image Sensor with Evolved Image Processing
- Wide ISO range of 100 – 51200 (expandable to ISO 50 – 204800 for still images) and 15-Stop Dynamic Range at low sensitivities
- World Class AF system featuring 693 phase-detection AF points covering 93% of image area, 425 contrast AF points and fast and reliable Eye AF
- Continuous Shooting at up to 10 fps with either Mechanical Shutter or Silent Shooting and full Auto Focus/Auto Exposure tracking
- 5-axis optical in-body image stabilization with a 5.0 step shutter speed advantage
- High Resolution 4K Movie Shooting with full pixel readout and no pixel binning across full-width of full-frame sensor
- The longest rated battery life of any Mirrorless camera at 710 shots per charge
- Upgraded operability and functionality including addition of joystick for adjusting focus points, Dual SD Card Slots, SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.1 Gen 1) USB Type-C™ Terminal and more
Max Yuryev shot footage of himself with each of the 4 cameras at ISO values ranging from 1600 to 51200. As a verdict he says the a7III beats out everything in high iso lowlight comparison.
The Alpha A7 III is likely to appeal to many photographers looking for a well-rounded and advanced full-frame mirrorless camera. Where to find Sony A7 III camera in stock? Here is an in stock / availability tracker for Sony A7 III mirrorless camera.
In the USA: the entry-level Sony A7 III mirrorless camera is now available for pre-order at major US stores (Sony USA Authorized Dealers).
The full frame E-mount camera costs $1,999 body-only and shipping will start on April 10, 2018.
Sony A7 III vs a7III vs a7RIII vs a6500 vs GH5 Lowlight Comparison
Sony A7 III Lowlight Comparison video against the a7III vs a7RIII vs a6500 vs GH5 is tested by Max Yuryev see below.
(dailycameranews.com & mirrorlesstimes.com, https://goo.gl/jmuJi5)